Self-directed learning centres
Since 1993, Self-directed learning centres have been providing opportunities for all adults to acquire, consolidate and improve their skills independently. The centres are free of charge for participants, as they are co-financed by the Ministry of Education. We provide adults with an organised learning environment and professional support for their learning.
WHO IS IT FOR?
who, for whatever reason, find traditional learning and education inaccessible or unsuitable.
HOW DOES THE LEARNING TAKE PLACE?
WHAT CAN I LEARN?
WHAT ABOUT MATERIALS?
modern learning technology, and advisory support.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
- identifying adults' interests, learning needs and level of proficiency in a particular subject area,
- planning and monitoring individual adult learning in independent learning,
- motivating, encouraging and empowering adults to learn independently,
- the use of materials, learning resources and technology in independent learning,
- imparting knowledge about learning, learning methods and techniques,
- guiding the learning process,
- monitoring adults' progress in learning.
OBJECTIVES OF SELF-DIRECTED LEARNING CENTRES
- providing non-formal learning opportunities in the form of free organised self-directed learning,
- meeting the needs of adult learners (accessibility, free choice of content and sources, free choice of schedule and speed of learning),
- raising the educational level of the population,
- encouraging and motivating individuals to learn (acquiring new skills, consolidating old skills, promoting the importance of lifelong learning),
- preparing learning materials for self-directed learning and in the continuous enrichment of educational programmes.